- This event has passed.
Spear Workshop (Valemount, Oct 22)
October 22, 2017 @ 1:00 pm–3:00 pm PDT$39
Spear and lance were standard weapons of the medieval knight. We’ll study their attacks of the point, effective defenses against the thrust, and combat strategies in this two-hour workshop.
Topics to explore
- four guards (positions) used to attack and defend
- five attacks of the spear point
- three defenses to keep safe against the thrust
- controlling your opponent’s staff
- controlling your opponent’s movement
- deceptive combat
What you’ll need
This workshop is open to all physical abilities. The pace will be steady and moderate, with breaks for water and questions. At the end we’ll stretch out for a few minutes before going on with the day. Modern activewear will be fine, a long sleeve shirt or hoodie can help prevent scratches or minor abrasions. Bring a water bottle, non-marking shoes. Children under 19 years of age must bring a waiver signed by their parents or guardian (if they have not previously done so for Swordfight Canada).
Equipment Used in this Class
- A smooth 6′ long wooden staff with rubber-capped ends.
- A standard fencing mask, like the kind used in Olympic fencing.
- A rigid throat & neck protector (gorget) made from steel or stiff/hardened leather.
- Use of Swordfight Canada’s equipment is included in the course fee. If you have your own equipment, please contact Swordfight Canada to get instructor approval prior to its use in class.
Register today and we’ll see you there!