Medieval Martial Arts Workshop (Hinton, Oct 21)
October 21 @ 1:00 pm–5:00 pm PDT$29 - $89
Four amazing hours of swordfighting! Come and join us at Swordfight Canada for a four-hour introduction to the use of the medieval Italian Longsword, Dagger and Spear.
You’ll learn a common system of attack, defense and strategy that allows for seamless transition from weapon to weapon.
- body structure that makes you strong
- proper order of the attack
- how to control your opponent’s weapon and make yourself safe
- defenses that put you back in control of the fight
- the where: footwork to put you in just the right place
- the when: when to attack, when to control, when to get out and recover!
Recommended age 15 or older. This class is appropriate for all skill levels and physical abilities. Expect a great time of discovery and learning. Sign up on your own or with a buddy and experience something beautiful and unforgettable!
What to Bring to the Workshop
- A steel longsword, wooden staff, wooden dagger, fencing mask and throat protector (gorget) will be provided by Swordfight Canada at no extra charge.
- Comfortable indoor shoes and clothes that you might use to do a regular workout. Long sleeves or a hoodie are better than bare arms.
- Thin soft gloves are optional but always a good idea when training.
- A water bottle or similar hydrating liquids.
- If you are under the age of 19, a signed waiver on paper. View the safety waiver here.
Get a Head Start
Keeners can get a head start by going through the Duello.TV’s free course, Getting Started with Longsword, or purchase a DTV Scholar’s Club membership and receive access to the full Longsword Fundamentals course series for a more thorough introduction to the art of the Italian Longsword. Sign up as an ongoing student of Swordfight Canada and receive more than 50% off your DuelloTV subscription.
3 people are attending Medieval Martial Arts Workshop (Hinton, Oct 21)