- This event has passed.
2-hour Longsword Workshop (Hinton, Apr 22, 11am)
April 22, 2017 @ 11:00 am–1:00 pm PDT$59
Two amazing hours of swordfighting! Come and join us at Swordfight Canada for a two-hour introduction to the use of the Italian Longsword, Dagger and Staff.
You’ll learn some basic posture, movement, attacking and defending. We’ll play some swordfighting games that make combat fun and safe.
Recommended age 15 or older. This class is appropriate for all skill levels and physical abilities.
What to Bring to the Longsword Workshop
- A steel longsword, fencing mask and throat protector (gorget) will be provided by Swordfight Canada at no extra charge.
- Comfortable indoor shoes and clothes that you might use to do a regular workout. Long sleeves or a hoodie are better than bare arms.
- Thin soft gloves are optional but always a good idea when training.
- A water bottle or similar hydrating liquids.
- If you are under the age of 19, a signed waiver on paper. View the safety waiver here.
Before & After
Get a head start by going through the Duello.TV’s free course, Getting Started with Longsword, or purchase a DTV Scholar’s Club membership and receive access to the full Longsword Fundamentals course series for a more thorough introduction to the art of the Italian Longsword.
Keep an eye on the Swordfight Canada calendar for the next Longsword Foundations Course in your area or nearby. This is an 8-hour course in the fundamentals of Italian Longsword, Dagger and Staff. Complete the course and graduate as an Apprentice in the Master of Arms program, moving on to further classes and the ongoing pursuit of excellence in these arts.