View All EventsWield a sword and fight like a knight. Registration is limited, so purchase your tickets and reserve your seat now.
- March 7 @ 7:00 pm–9:00 pm PST
Four weeks of Awesome! Learn the attacks, defenses and combat styles of the medieval longsword, dagger, and staff. Finish the course and graduate as an Apprentice.
- March 11 @ 11:00 am–1:00 pm PST
Two amazing hours of swordfighting! Come and join us at Swordfight Canada for a two-hour introduction to the use of the Italian Longsword, Dagger and Staff.
- March 11 @ 1:00 pm–5:00 pm PST
Gioco Stretto refers to a combat engagement where the opponent's weapon is a direct threat to strike and wound us, often with a thrust. We'll cover: 1) Exchanging the Thrust, 2) Breaking the Thrust, 3...
About Swordfight Canada
Swordfight Canada was founded is 2016 by Greg Reimer and holds classes in and around the beautiful alpine village of Valemount, British Columbia. In 2015, Greg received his Provost certification at the Academie Duello Centre for Swordplay in Vancouver, BC.
He has been studying Italian martial arts for the last decade, and has taught over four thousand hours to students in unarmed, dagger, rapier (and secondaries), sidesword & buckler, longsword, pole weapons and mounted combat.
Greg has also participated in various tournaments, winning the 2013 and 2014 Carosella Mounted Combat games, the 2014 Senior Students Invitational rapier tournament, and the 2015 Spring Clash Tournament (rapier & longsword videos below) in Vancouver, BC. He has travelled across Western Canada and into Washington State to meet with (and fight!) other sword fighters.
Greg enjoys sword fighting and teaching it to others, no matter what age, physical ability or martial experience.
Videos of Live Combat
Forms & Historical Interpretations
Silver Swordfight T-shirt
Look snappy in a Swordfight Canada silver tshirt. 50/50 poly-cotton blend for carefree maintenance.
Add to cart
Fiore de’ Liberi: “The Flower of Battle” Manuscript in English
A unique and beautiful translation of the original Italian manuscript designed to resemble the look and feel of the original, but read in English!
Add to cart
Safety & Policies
- View the Safety WaiverRespectful behaviour is expected of all Swordfight students. We learn and fence together in equality, honour and decorum.
- Present oneself with all due consideration: clean clothes, clean bodies.
- All Swordfight Canada participants must agree to a release of liability waiver.
- Anyone under 19 years of age must also have their waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- No drugs or alcohol are permitted on the field and should not be consumed prior to any Swordfight Canada event.
- We have a cancellation policy of 48 hours.
Sword fighting is a sport with certain inherent risks. Although our instructors make every effort to ensure a safe experience, neither the company, its owners, nor anyone else associated, shall be held responsible for any losses, damages or injuries to person or property, due to any cause whatsoever. Read the safety waiver here.
Youth under the age of 19 must print and deliver to the Instructor a signed waiver before the beginning of class. Read the safety waiver here.